Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:28:33 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Floppies

David de la Rosa wrote:
>I am having trouble creating the boot disks via FTP.  The files kern.flp=
 and
>mfsroot.flp are 1.473Mbs large and don't fit into my 1.44Mbs formatted
>floppies.  When I try to fdimage I get an error message that states that=
 the
>file is too large.  What am I doing wrong or what do I have to do?  I am
>really interested in installing my FreeBSD after all the research I have
>done and noting that Yahoo runs all there servers on FreeBSD I want to =
start
>learning and take advantage of all the benefits of FreeBSD.  Please =
help.

The kern.flp and mfsroot.flp are exactly 1,474,560 bytes each and fit
perfectly on a good floppy.  I've used rawrite to make the floppies
without any problems, so you could try using that.  I have heard that
people have had problems with dodgy disks, so try using good quality
new ones if you can.  (rawrite will be in /tools if it isn't in =
/floppies)

HTH
John.