Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 18:49:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: colorls working with xterm!

All I did to solve the problem was add:

	XTerm*customization:	-color

to my ~/.Xdefaults.

-- Jay

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, K. Marsh wrote:

->On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Lars Koeller wrote:
->
->> This file should be automatically loaded, if the *customaziation: -color is in
->> your xrdb database, as mentioned before. Perhaps there are some problems
->> (missing files, permissions) when X is started up.
->
->The file that should be automatically loaded is XTerm-color, right?
->Instead I just made XTerm reflect what XTerm-color would have if it were
->loaded.
->
->I agree that XTerm-color should be automatically loaded, but I don't know
->where I can find the xrdb database, and I don't know how I can add
->"*customaziation: -color" to it. It seems to me that xrdb is a binary, so
->I need to issue some command, such as:
->
->	xrdb -append "*customaziation: -color"
->
->The man page is not helping me understand what to do, either. Can you
->clarify how I can put the color in my xrdb database?
->
->Thanks,  Ken
->