Date:      Thu, 15 May 2014 23:17:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        ia64@freebsd.org, marcel@xcllnt.net
Subject:   Re: [ia64] End of life...

Marcel

A big thank you for maintaining it all these years.

I checked in the ia64 mailing list achives that
I started using FreeBSD/ia64 in JUN-2009, so it's
nearly 5 years now, almost a generation in computer world.

And, oh how much I have learned over these 5 years.
Things I probably would have never learned otherwise.
The ride was bumpy, but worth every bruise.
SCSI, fibre channel, firewalls, web servers,
shell, building, patching, rebuilding,
firmware updates, backup, recovery, install,
compiler options, make, networking, etc.

So I owe you personally a big thank you
for supporting for so long the platform that gave me
this opportunity to explore and learn.

Good buy for now and talk to you again!

Anton