Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 21:28:24 -0700
From:      Glenn Trewitt <glenn@trewitt.org>
To:        dirk@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mysql-3.22.22

I'm very experienced with UNIX, but very new to FreeBSD.

I downloaded the mysql-3.22.22 port and ran "make", but it died with the
complaint "Couldn't find Makefile", about 3 levels down.  I traced down the
chain, and discovered that, in the "work" directory, ./configure hadn't
been run on mysql (so, none of the Makefiles had been created).

I ran ./configure (no options), and it worked OK, but I have no idea what
the "right" options to have selected were.  The build completed without
incident but, it looks like the compile options are significantly different
than I saw when I built 3.22.??gamma (from the port on the NetBSD 3.1 CD).

I'm hesisitant to just go barging in and trying things - I'm just as likely
to get something else subtly wrong.

Do you have any suggestions for how to get the port to automatically run
configure?

Thanks,
	Glenn Trewitt