Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 11:59:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        Sinuralan <sin@cowz.lumiere-cc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Localhost Name

Hi,

o Is your localhost device configured as IP 127.0.0.1? (check with netstat -rn)

o If not, are you connected to a nameserver?

o What's the setting in /etc/sysconfig or /etc/rc.conf for "hostname" or
  "domainname"?

o What is in your /etc/hosts file for 127.0.0.1?

o Try "grep domainA *" in /etc to find out if there really isn't any reference
  :-)

On 23-May-97 at 22:07:38 Sinuralan wrote:

>Heya
>
>I recently setup a FreeBSD system. When looking at my routing tables
>(netstat -r), I noticed that I have a route listed as
>localhost.domainA.net, when I want to use localhost.domainB.net. It uses
>the loopback device. I don't see any references to domainA in any of the
>/etc files, and I don't recall configuring this myself. If anyone could
>suggestion how to change it, please let me know.
>
>Thanks.
>
>---
>Sin <sin@cowz.lumiere-cc.com>
>Cowz: http://cowz.lumiere-cc.com/