Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 09:51:22 -0600
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        "Jeff Wilson" <wilson@VNET.IBM.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad 360CE

> Does anyone have an suggestions about how to get the OS to recognize the
> type 2 keycodes, given the right kernel?

You need to compile a kernel with pcvt, with the options as follows:
# Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
device          vt0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
options         "PCVT_FREEBSD=210"      # pcvt running on FreeBSD 2.1
options         "PCVT_SCANSET=2"        # Stupid Stinkpad keyboards

The last one is the important one.  The boot floppy I built for you has
this in it.

Nate