Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:51:24 -0700
From:      Tom Wiebe <twiebe@mac.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How good is USB Support???

Hi all,

I'm about to make the big jump and start replacing our Mac OS 9 servers
with FreeBSD Boxen. If only apple would release decent server hardware...

But, I digress. My question here is, and I hope this is the appropriate
forum, how good is USB support in FreeBSD 4.5?

I'm ordering a couple of boxes tomorrow and was wondering if I can get
away with using one of the many Apple USB keyboards and Logitech USB mice
that I have when I need to get hands on with my machine.

If so, that would of course be ideal, allowing me to keep just one
keyboard/mouse combo in my server room and swap it around as needed.

If not, and I apologize for this rather basic question, are PS/2 keyboards/
mice hot swappable or would I be risking frying my computer by switching
them around. I haven't seriously used x86 hardware since before the 386,
so I'm a tad out of date here.

Oh, and thanks to Steve Jobs, for showing us Mac guys how cool BSD is!

Tom Wiebe

The Image Foundation
http://www.imagefoundation.com/
(604) 688-3124