Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:45:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        markem@primenet.com (Mark E. Monninger)
Cc:        bpepa@msn.bc.ca, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ADSL with FreeBSD

In a previous message, Mark E. Monninger said:

> There are several interface boxes for dsl. US West is changing from the
> PairGain to something else, I hear. As far as I know, almost all of them

I'm told we're moving to NetSpeed. Good to hear FBSD works with xDSL. We'll
be rolling it out first quarter here in Minneapolis (and other places too,
I can't remember where exactly.

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll get it for work.

> use a standard ethernet connection to the computer. I doubt that there
> would be any problems using dsl and FBSD. My line is only 192K but is sure
> a lot faster than the 28.8 dial-up that it replaced. So far I'm very happy
> with the whole set-up.

> Feel free to email with other questions.
>
> Mark

> with "unsubscribe questions" in the body of the message

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S		PAG: +1 (800) SKY-PAGE PIN: 537-7270