Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 12:17:21 -0700
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   INDEX file questions

Can someone point me to the format definition for the INDEX file?
I've looked around a bit and can't find it.  In particular, I'm
a bit confused by what seem to be dependency fields (8 & 9):

  1  saoimage-1.22
  2  /usr/ports/astro/saoimage
  3  /usr/X11R6
  4  Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory image utility for X
  5  /usr/ports/astro/saoimage/pkg/DESCR
  6  giffunip@asme.org
  7  astro
  8  XFree86-3.3.3.1
  9  XFree86-3.3.3.1
 10  ???

Looking in the Makefile for astro/saoimage, I don't see any dependency
information, save that USE_X_PREFIX is defined (implicitly requiring
${PORTSDIR}/x11/XFree86).  Is someone (Satoshi?) hand-editing these
fields, or what?

-r
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm