Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:18:04 +0400
From:      Alexander Bezroutchko <abb@zenon.net>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about jail

> And your point is? Do the base system or another jail show qwerty too?

I think we are talking about slightly different things.
I know that jailed process can not change base system's hostname.
But it can change it's own. Sometimes it is necessary to obtain
the list of processes which belongs to some jail. How will you obtain it ?
You can not rely on last field in /proc/PID/status file because it is
writable for jailed process. How can you identify a jail the process
belongs to ?

--
    Alexander Bezroutchko, Systems Administrator, Zenon N.S.P.