Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:47:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jeroen Hogeveen <jh@ampersand.home.pc>
To:        stephen@farrell.org (stephen farrell)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   GDK part of current GTK+ (was: gimp 0.99.13)

Hi Brian and Steve,

  > "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com> writes:

  [snipped]

  > > Also be sure to move the shmctl(x_shm_info->shmid, IPC_RMID, 0) :-)
  > > This causes the XShmAttach failure in gdkimage.c
  >
  > Hm...  I guess I'll take him at face value and translate "move" into
  > "remove".

I don't exactly comprehend what the "face value" means.. however:
That's not what I've meant, I'm sorry I have not been that verbose :-)

The following works for me:
Move the shmctl (x_shm_info->shmid, IPC_RMID, 0); statement at line 236 below
line 242 with the XSync (private->xdisplay, False); statement.

Excerpt from the ChangeLog:
* gdk/gdkimage.c: Applied Tim Janik's patch to mark shm segments
  as IPC_RMID so that they are automatically removed always.

So I think it's best to leave the shmctl in there, but I'm very likely to
be wrong :-)

Hope this helps, please let me know :)

Bye,
Jeroen <albast@xs4all.nl>