Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mmap mapped segment length

:Now I've got to go figure out what *I've* screwed up.  I fstat the file before
:mapping it and pass S.st_size as the map length.  Is there any reason why
:mmap would return non-NULL but map less than the requested size?
:
:Scratching my head,

    Note that mmap() returns (void *)-1 when an error occurs, *not* NULL.

    This is because it is legal to mmap at address 0.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>