Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:59:02 -0500
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: formatting tools for Docbook]

Chuck Robey wrote:
> This is a delayed reposting of something that I might have sent to an
> initially poorly chosen list;  if it still gets no reponse in another
> day, I  might try again, if I can figure out a better FreeBSD list to
> choose.  My predilection for FreeBSD is strong, I would really dislike
> to be forced to jump to Linux (or, god forbid, to Windows) for this
> infomation, about using the various FreeBSD ports tools to get to the
> ability to format docbook materials.

Good starting point: http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

Detailed tutorial:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html

Tools: check out everything that is installed by these metaports:

textproc/docproj-jadetex
textproc/docproj-nojadetex

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)