Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:30:52 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HP Omnibook 900

Hi All-

I have a couple of faculty members who are really excited about
these laptops.  I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity
to play with them under FreeBSD.

The HP website is decidely thin on hardware info (they acutally do
mention that the vid card is a 256-bit NeoMagic card), so I called
the tech support number.  The following is a bit sketchy (mostly
because the guy wasn't too sure what I was after), but this is what
they claim:

Pccard controller:	TI PCI 1225
Video card:		NeoMagic NMG5 (2.5MB ram)
Sound:			16bit builtin mumble, mumble, mumble wave table

Can I make the 1225 work like either the 1130 or 1131?   Is this
NMG5 the same as the NeoMagic 2200 (MagicMedia256AV) which is
supported under XFree86?  I am not holding out much hope for the
sound card.

Thanks for any insight.

Sean O'Connell                                  Email: sean@stat.Duke.EDU
Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences   Phone: (919) 684-5419
Duke University                                 Fax:   (919) 684-8594

Not only am I highly allergic to perfume; it is an environmental toxin!

        http://www.supernet.net/~jackibar/perfume.html