Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:11:38 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Re: IBM DB2

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
cc: emulation@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 17:11:38 -0800
From: Mike Smith <mike@dingo.cdrom.com>

> For those running Linux emulation and want to try IBM's DB2:
>
> http://www.software.ibm.com/data/db2/linux/
>
> I just wondered since when these companies started to became charitable companies?

I dunno about "charitable", IBM could give DB2 away and just live off
shares in RAM vendors.

Anyway, I'm looking at this one now; it's a real monster (and only a
beta, remember), but it's documented at least an order of magnitude
better than anything else I've encountered in this domain to date.

If someone wants to make this one their personal mission, it looks like
it's a *very* heavy shared memory consumer.  Our shared memory
semantics are quite possibly not up to it, so that's going to be
somewhere worth studying carefully.

- --

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy