Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:33:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware in space?

> I would suggest that the original poster might consider getting
> involved with organizations that have built space-borne payloads, rather
> than reinventing a flat tire and learning it all the hard way.

Trust me, Brian (the original poster) knows *all* about space-born
payloads, having been one of the folks that help design one of the space
satellites that's currently taking pictures of the Sun.  I've heard many
of his fascinating stories about shake-tests, vacuum tests, and the
like.

I obviously don't speak for him, but I *think* he's looking for hints on
doing it cheaply, vs. the expensive way that is normally done. :)

Nate