Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 1998 21:02:32 -0500
From:      dmaddox@scsn.net (Donald J. Maddox)
To:        spork <sporkl@dti.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster 64

On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 08:09:18PM -0500, Spike Gronim wrote:
> Hello.
>
> 	I have a standardly configured Sound Blaster AWE 64 sound card. I
> would love to get it working through FreeBSD. Even if the 64 bit sound
> doesn't work, just getting 16 or 32 bit sound would be really nice. So,
> what do I add to my kernel to get my sound functional?

Well, first of all, SB64AWE does not produce 64-bit sound.  The name
refers to it's ability to play 64-voice MIDI files with WaveSynth...

The question of how to configure your card depends greatly on what version
of FreeBSD you are running.  If you could provide more details, I'm sure
someone can help you get it configured...