Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:14:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 24-character usernames?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Tom wrote:

> > I'm going to try rebuilding screen.  But here's a note about adduser:
>
>   Of course.  Anything that touches wtmp/utmp needs to be rebuilt.

Well, I had already rebuilt it after the first time I made world with the
altered utmp.h & params.h files.  Rebuilding it now has continued to make
no difference.  (It's 3.07.06 from the ports collection)

> > Which kind of strikes me as being a slightly larger problem.
>
>   Tiny probably actually.  Just edit adduser and change it.

Ah; didn't realize it was a perl script.

So due to trying to work on this along with my regular job, my brain is
little more than a large-sized bowl of rice pudding at the moment.  I'll
continue this once I get home and clear my head a bit.