Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 00:28:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM of CVS and disk space

It seems that Warner Losh said:
> treadmill?  How much space does the CVS repositories take up?  How

The CVS  tree for both src/ports  and the international repos. is currently
about 225 MB; /usr/src/ is another 136 MB; /usr/obj is about 100 MB.

> much do I need for them + source tree + binaries for make world?
> Would 200M be enough?  400M?  Does the disk space requirements change
> between -stable and -current trees?

225+136+100 ~  460  MB.  I  don't think   there are signifiant  differences
between a  -CURRENT and  a  -STABLE  tree, a  few  megabytes at  most.  The
2.1.0-RELEASE tree I keep around is about 126 MB...

> need of a backup tape from somewhere on the net.  I already have, for
> another project, all of NetBSD's sources on there, and they take up
> about 140M of source (I've not build binaries, but past experience for
> me suggests that it would take another 100ishM for the binaries), so I
> have "only" 250M-300M of disk space that I can allow for the FreeBSD
> stuff: CVS repository, -{current,stable} tree (one at a time) and
> whatever binaries I've generated and haven't installed yet.

That's almost 200 MB too short.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #10: Sun Apr  7 18:52:11 MET DST 1996