Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:56:58 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop recommendation?

Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com> wrote:

> I want a relatively lightweight (< 6lbs) with 14" display and
> [easily!] supported video, P4 ~2GHz, and integrated wired and/or
> wireless ethernet.  Not too worried about RAM, can get that
> after market.  Looking to spend $1000-$1500.  Any other suggestions?

     You might want to periodically check out techbargains:

        http://www.techbargains.com

Once in a while, a really good laptop deal will appear.  Not too long
back, I managed to get an incredible deal on a new IBM laptop.

[ However, caveat emptor -- take what you see there with a large chunk
  of salt.  Sometimes, the deals there require multiple rebates, and
  more than one may require the *ORIGINAL* UPC code.  Read the fine
  print VERY closely.  ]

--
        Darryl Okahata
        darrylo@soco.agilent.com