Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:51:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        "Heimes, Rene" <rh@com-con.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Diff between -Release and -Stable? [Was : No Subject]

Do not forget a major reqquirement: subscribe to and read stable if you
are going to update to it or any of the source tracks. There are at least
three source tracks for the current release (now 4.3):

Stable - as described here; occasionally breaks (read current thread on
         stable)
Release - major releases corresponds to the CDs, at least logically
Release 4.3 - I think this is just bugs and security fixes as I could not
        find a formal definition. It is referred to in the "Why is the
        STABLE branch not so stable.." thread on the stable mailing list.