Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:49:03 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@mail.pacificnet.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.0 Virtual Hosts...

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, FreeBSD wrote:

> The other option that apache present it is use the new NameVirtualHost,
> but I need to change the main web to another IP. The question is :
> Anyone knows a way to make the upgrade less painful ?

You don't need to change the main web server to another IP. If you were
already using Name Virtual Hosts (as opposed to IP virtual hosts, which
each have their own IP address), this is really the way to go. Just add a
"NameVirtualHost" directive with the current IP address of the machine,
and then do a VirtualHost for *every* server you want, including the main
server.

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"It's not a habit, it's cool.