Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 03:25:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      sergey dyshel <sdieselil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't read russian filenames in smbfs

Hi
How can I set FreeBSD to read russian filenames in
smbfs mounts. mount_msdos has both -L option for
setting locale and -W option for setting conversion
table. I usually pass "-W koi2dos" and "-L
ru_RU.KOI8-R" and it works. However mount_smbfs has
only -L and when I pass "-L ru_RU.KOI8-R" I still see
strange symbols instead of correct russian filenames.

Is there a workaround?