Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:07:18 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RC splitting etc

I've put a small document attempting to list the
requirements/nice-to-have's for a new rc system (besides the
requirement that any new rc system would have to be acceptable to
people in general) at http://www.freebsd.org/~eivind/newrc.html

It also contains a couple of notes about things that could be of
interest to an implementor.

It'd be nice if those interested would read the requirments and tell
me of the things I've missed (I'm sure there are some).

This is not an attempt at pulling up the discussion about new rc
systems again at this point; if I (or somebody else) come up with
something that seems to solve enough of the requirements, that may
happen, but for the time being I'm just gathering the background info
to make it possible to have such a discussion in a useful form.

Please keep any comments to private mail for the time being.

Thanks!

Eivind.