Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 23:54:32 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Murali Bashyam <mbashyam@cisco.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD tar files

Hi,

Or just get it packaged for Solaris from http://www.sunfreeware.com/ or
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/packages/solaris/

> HTH
>
> > Looks like the files are setup to extract from a tape device only?
> > Has anybody seen this before. Can they be extracted only on a system running
> > FREEBSD?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Murali

> > > I believe using ftp in passive mode allows you to do this (never had
> > > to use it myself).

> > > Not hat i am aware of. If there is, then hopefully someone else will
> > > jump in and tell you.

> > > --
> > >   If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
> > >   am I entitled to my money back?
> > > 51.44°N  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve http://www.freebsd.org
> > > 2.057°W  My Webpage http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~mark
> > > mailto:marko@freebsd.org                http://www.radan.com
> > >

> --
> 		4.4 - The number of the Beastie

Best Regards
Willem Brown
--
 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

The heart is not a logical organ.
		-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4