Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 14:00:41 +0530 (IST)
From:      eswar@idc.tandem.com (Eswaran Srinivasan)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        eswar@idc.tandem.com (Eswaran Srinivasan)
Subject:   Reg. BSD packages ...

Hi,

This may be a very generic question. But unfortunately, I could not
find this information anywhere on the web and so I am sending this
mail.

I wish to get Free BSD packages (binary packages) and install on a
PC. I do NOT want the BSD sources.

I have a new PC on which I wish to install free BSD. I could extract
the boot floppy image through the net. It works fine also. I could
boot the system with this floppy. After this it asks for the installation
media.

I thought of ftp-ing the minimal basic packages (binary packages)
which may include C compiler, X windows etc. But, I am not able to
find the site where I can get this.

Most of the references are to the BSD ports/applications. I want the
BSD binary packages.

Can you please let me know where I can get all the packages ? I
want to ftp those packages, put them on a SCSI tape and install.
Any idea how many such packages are there (I guess it is around 10)
and how much space is required for ftp-ing ?

Thanks
- Eswaran Srinivasan

           \\|//
           (o ~)
Eswaran Srinivasan                   |  Contact :
Wipro Infotech Group - Global R&D    |  Phone   : 91-80-5522296, Ext: 3076
26, Chamundi Complex,                |  E-Mail  : eswar@wipinfo.soft.net
Begur-Hongasandra Village            |            eswar@idc.tandem.com
Bommanahalli, Bangalore - 560 068    |