Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:36:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      RacerX <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS Exchange server on FreeBSD?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Ted Mittelstaedt writes:
>
>> The problem is you just don't want it to be a hardware problem because
>> you don't accept the possibility that the NT driver wrote around a
>> hardware problem and the FreeBSD driver doesen't.
>
> No, I don't want to run on a wild goose chase just because it hurts
> someone's pride to think that FreeBSD might have a bug.
>
> The only thing that changed on this machine was a move from Windows NT
> to FreeBSD.  Therefore the source of the problem is FreeBSD.
>
>> Despite the fact that making up for hardware problems with
>> writearounds in the software drivers is a common thing in the
>> industry.
>
> That would explain the "quirks" coding in FreeBSD, then, wouldn't it?
> Or is this only bad when other operating systems do it?
>
>> So you won't do the testing to prove that it is or isn't a hardware
>> bug, and thus you can continue pretending to yourself that it must be
>> software, and thus not your responsibility.
>
> Nobody here knows enough about FreeBSD to even tell me what its messages
> mean; I don't see any particular reason to knock myself out indulging
> their baseless conjectures.
>
> --
> Anthony

Oh for fucks sakes, stop insulting the folks that are offering solutions.
Like I posted before - upgrade your firmware to meet FBSD half way .

How do you expect an OS written for 2005 to play well with shit that was
made in 97?

Get a grip, stop insulting us - we're NOT the enemy here. However, YOUare
makeing them.

Best regards,
Chris