Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:39:18 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        "Morten A . Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ntp problems in 4.2-STABLE

Hello,

you may want to add "cheat codes" to your reference server's ntp.conf, such as :
# NTP server Configuration
server 127.127.1.0 minpoll 4
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 0

(this tells the server's ntpd to prentend it is really a "stratum 0" server)

this runs on my 4.2-R ntp server and is used by the other 4.2-R ntp clients

     TfH

"Morten A . Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no> on 29/01/2001 14:03:18