Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:59:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      mike <mike@Reifenberger.com>
To:        Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: The GEOM class BDE already loaded

--0-147120436-1065772798=:61497

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Christian Brueffer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:08:26 +0200
> From: Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
> To: current@freebsd.org
> Subject: panic: The GEOM class BDE already loaded
>
> Hi,
>
> just got the following  panic on my server. The panic occured while trying
> to attach a gbde encrypted disk. geom_bde is compiled into the kernel.

The problem seems to be that the kld name is 'geom_bde' but the module
name is 'g_bde' and gbde's main() we search for the kld which in your case
doesn't exist.

Could you please try the attached patch for src/sbin/gbde?

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Unit Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger@plaut.de | Priv: Michael@Reifenberger.com
      http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com

--0-147120436-1065772798=:61497
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--0-147120436-1065772798=:61497--