Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:07:38 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-lists@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vr NIC device

Hello

(this machine running 4.3-RC)

Has anyone had a problem with the "vr" device?

I have a  VIA VT6102 Rhine II 10/100BaseTX running at 10Mb. The interface
comes up fine and pings fine but transfers are terrible. I get 8k/s in one
direction and 800k in another.

When the same machine is rigged with an SMC ISA NIC running ed0 the
transfers
are normal speed for 10Mb ethernet. The other machine has 3COM 3C590
Etherlink
III PCI (also a 10/100) using the vx0 device (this appears to run fine)

is there a known issue with "vr"?

cheers