Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrea Monaldi <magic_mac_96@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot initialize disklabel

Hello,

I have a 4.6 box and I added a new HD (Maxtor 20GB).

It is always listed as 2G instead of 20 and I am not
able to initialize the partition or the disk label to
something different to 2 GB. The number of cylinder is
always 4092 although the disk has more than 30000.

The disk in the BIOS is not set to LBA, but it is set
as NORMAL. I have another Maxtor disk that is running
fine.

How can I create a new disklabel?

Thanks

Gino