Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:59:34 +1300
From:      Richard B Mahoney <rbm49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Matthias Bartels <mbartels@genie.de>
Cc:        Subscribers to FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ps2pdf

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Matthias,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 09:28:34AM +0100, Matthias Bartels wrote:

> i have problem using ps2pdf
>=20
> i am using latex to generate dvi files, this files i convert using
>=20
> dvips -f -j0 -Pcmz -t a4 myDviFile.dvi > output.ps
>=20
> i convert this ps file with
>=20
> ps2pdf output.ps
>=20
> But when i try to open this document under windows with acroread i get
> an error message:
>=20
> "... The Root element is missing or invalid." Opening the same pdf
> under FreeBSD works fine.
>=20

I use `dvips -Pcmz -G0 master.dvi -o master.ps' before using
ps2pdf. No one has ever had trouble reading my docs on either a Mac or
PC.

For a wider range of opinion, may like to post your question to
comp.text.tex.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--=20
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |
| Christchurch                                      New Zealand |
+--------------[mailto:rbm49@it.canterbury.ac.nz]---------------+

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--