Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:35:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Krten <root@parse.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Handbook, Chapter 8, something's missing...

The latest version (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html)
sez:

	You must now compile the source code for the kernel. There are two procedures
	you can use to do this, and the one you will use depends on why you are
	rebuilding the kernel and the version of FreeBSD that you are running.

		* If you have installed only the kernel source code, use procedure 1.
		* If you are building a new kernel without updating the source code
		  (perhaps just to add a new option, such as IPFIREWALL) you can use
		  either procedure.
		* If you are rebuilding the kernel as part of a make buildworld
		  process, use procedure 2.

But alas, there is no "procedure 1" nor "procedure 2" (that I could find).  I
recall there used to be, but I guess that got edited out at some point...

Later on, it goes on to mention the other (deleted) procedure:

	...then it is safe to use the config, make depend, make, make install
	sequence.

Cheers,
-RK
--