Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 09:30:04 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        wmbfmk@urc.tue.nl, ports@FreeBSD.org, adam@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IV-3.1 port is seriously broken (was: iv-3.1 package is incomplete)

Yes, it was working fine for 2.0R.
I'm a little busy right now, but I'll throw it on the back of the queue if
that helps.

  From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =
>>?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
  Subject: Re: IV-3.1 port is seriously broken (was: iv-3.1 package is
	   incomplete)
   * I took a look myself last night, and the port is seriously broken.
   * I got to build the libraries, but not after considerable hacking
   * and when I tried to link an application with it, it gave tons
   * of errors about missing symbols. This would take me too long to
   * solve, could the original porter please step forward and fix it?
   *
   * Sidenote: there appears to be a IV 3.2a on sgi.com according to
   * the documentation of mxv, a soundfile editor for IV (which is
   * why a took a look at IV in the first place)

  This port's Makefile doesn't have a MAINTAINER line but from the cvs
  logs and the comment in the Makefile, it seems like Adam David and
  Paul Traina were working on it.  Adam and Paul, can you please take a
  look?

  By the way, the problem with missing symbols might be due to the ld in
  -current being broken.  What version of FreeBSD are you running?  I'm
  trying get a 2.0R box setup in WC so that we can compile things for
  2.0R people, and also not worry about ld.

   * Marc van Kempen                    wmbfmk@urc.tue.nl

  Satoshi