Date:      Thu, 08 May 2014 14:02:41 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@ixsystems.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Developers iXsystems <dev@ixsystems.com>, timur@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/samba41 port compiles nmbd as a shared object, not executable

On 05/08/2014 12:42, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 09:51:38AM -0700, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>> Timur,
>>
>> John Hixson at iXsystems pointed out the following problem to me, and I
>> noticed it as well.
> What is the problem, exactly ?  Does something mis-function ?

John found that under certain error conditions, the samba binaries
coming from net/samba41
were not properly dumping core.  This made debugging error conditions
very hard.

If the net/samba41 port is compiled with gcc47, then the smbd and nmbd
binaries
get compiled as executables instead of shared objects, and this problem
does not happen.

--
Craig