Date:      23 Dec 1998 17:24:32 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        "Andrey M. Fedorov" <andre@kolasc.net.ru>
Cc:        Robert <robert@namodn.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: environment for programming in FreeBSD

Robert <robert@namodn.com> writes:

> Also, if you check the manpage for vi, it's definitely not a "simple"
> editor :)

Or if you want an even more unsimple editor :-), give Emacs a
shot. It's got language-sensitive modes, can run compilers and
debuggers, send/read news/mail, and even includes an AI
psychotherapist. :-)

I like it cuz I don't have to learn a dozen different editors for
every application (C code development, Java IDE, mail composition,
etc) and cuz I *can* use it across the net with an xterm if I don't
have the bandwidth for X11.