Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:24:48 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WOL on em0 (enable wol_magic by default)

--------------enig0D040ED4CA7BFACBD44EEF43

Jack Vogel schrieb am 15.07.2009 23:16 (localtime):
> Tell me more about this ichwd problem, ich9 is actually giving me a hea=
dache
>=20
> right at the moment due to this problem on some systems with the em dri=
ver
> finding the EEPROM to have a bad checksum. Have you seen this issue?

Not yet, but I'm relatively new with 8-current on ich9 hw (one GigaByte=20
P35 and two S3200SH)
I'm about to follow my thread I picked up back in march:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D81262+0+archive/2009/freeb=
sd-current/20090322.freebsd-current
There were some suggestions I haven't followed yet.
That's my starting point right now, I'll reply in that thread.

> I have only had brief access to a new i7 server,  did so to make 32+ qu=
eues
> work for the ixgbe driver, only complaint I have is they take a LONG ti=
me to
> boot (must be some server thing :), but otherwise I was impressed, woul=

Indeed, but that's also been true for the predecessor, SR2500. One=20
boot-cycle means smokers paradise ;)

Thanks,

-Harry