Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:25:48 -0700
From:      "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
To:        "Ruslan Ermilov" <ru@freebsd.org>, "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        "J. English" <j_english@kawasaki-tn.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Workaround for mpd5 and 8.0 broken proxy arp?

>=20
> Yes, it's still broken (it's a regression compared to 7.x).  A
> workaround I've found working after analyzing the newer kernel
> code is to ALWAYS use the same IP address for the local end of
> the tunnel as of the corresponding ARP capable interface.
>=20

   Are you using VLANs?

   Were you getting the following error message?
   "cannot intuit interface index and type for x.x.x.x"

   Could you please revert back to your original configuration
   and give the following patch try (in addition to the patches
   mentioned by Mike) ?

   http://people.freebsd.org/~qingli/mpd-patch.diff

   Thanks,

   -- Qing