Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:01:32 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Current panic in pmap/VM

John Baldwin writes:
> > pmap_ts_referenced()
> > vm_pageout_scan()
> > vm_pageout()
> > fork_exit()
> > fork_trampoline()
> >
> > I'm happy to try patches if anyone has ideas.
>
> Having the fault address as well as the source file/line of
> where the fault occurs could be helpful.

>From 2 panics, I have 2 addresses - 0xc02cbbab and 0xc02cfb9b (Custom
kernels, so I doubt those will help).

The source file is src/sys/i386/i386/pmap.c, and it is in the
pmap_ts_referenced() function (a short function) at about line 2895.

I'm suspecting that a lock is needed.

I'll need to put a serial debugger on to go any further. Does this
work, or will I be wasting effort? (Getting that cable in is going
to be a _pain_).

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH