Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 13:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP configuration

Hi all,

Im a newbie even though I come from the Linux world.
I recently set up freebsd 4.3.
I am having some trouble configuring PPP.

The question are:
1) In the /etc/hosts file - do i replace the word LOCALHOST
with my specific hostname?

I do not have a local domain name eg: foo.bar.com
My hostname consists of a single name and my hostname is
not the same as my ISP login name. Is this a problem?

I want to dial in to my isp in interactive mode (when I
initiate connection)  and not in demand mode. Do I have to
include the primary dns and secondary dns of my ISP in
resolv.conf?

Thanks!
Radhika

=====
It's all a matter of perspective. You can choose your view by choosing where to stand.
--Larry Wall