Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:54:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      nvp@mediaone.net
To:        caroline.beauchamps@bt-sys.bt.co.uk (Caroline Beauchamps)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3 Com 3C509 problem

> I  am having problems getting my 3 Com network card (3c509)  recognized
> When I reboot, I get the following message:
> ep0 not found at 0x300
> Do you have any idea what's wrong ?

I'm guessing that one of a few things is happening:
   1) your 3com card isn't functioning properly
   2) there is no card at 0x300 (and you'll need to get the correct
      address and rebuild your kernel)
   3) your card still has pnp enabled (I don't recall if 2.2.7 is hip
      to pnp NICs).

Here's what I'd suggest to fix it:
   1) boot into DOS/your Win32 OS.  If you card is working under
      Win32, grab (write down) the relevent configuration
      information.  Reboot into FreeBSD and rebuild your kernel with
      the correct settings for your card.
   2) boot into DOS/your Win32 OS.  Check your card's information with
      the 3com utilities -- make sure that pnp is disabled and write
      down the card's information.  Reboot into FreeBSD and build a
      new kernel.

--
Nate Patwardhan, System Administrator
O'Reilly and Associates