Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:25:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Stephen Beitzel <sbeitzel@foobie.net>
Cc:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fetch hangs (was hang when making port)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Stephen Beitzel wrote:

>Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's not specifically related, since I have a system that was created
>> after the entire ports tree was updated, and am having the problem as
>> well.
>>
>> And it only hangs after the last item is fetched, it looks like its
>> before or during the checksum.

It has nothing to do with ports at all - on my system, current as of
10/27/2000, fetch just hangs when completing a download.  Just run it
on the command line to fetch a file from your favorite ftp site.  You
have to ctrl-C out of it when the download completes.  Prior to this,
on a system built on 10/18/2000, no problem with fetch.