Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 05:39:23 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        bondhutt@terraport.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Pentuim Support

bondhutt@terraport.net wrote in message ID
<199605170324.XAA04601@caracas.terraport.net>:
> Hello there, I have tried to look through the web site information to see
> if Freebsd supports dual pentium boards.  If you can help me at all I
> would appreciate it thanks.

Dual pentium board are supported in as much as FreeBSD will run on it,
but it will only use the master processor, not the slave. There is
work (the SMP project) which will allow it to work on both processors,
which is making quite a lot of progress and should be made more
publically available (in the master source tree I mean) quite shortly
judging on comments I've seen. It will never make it into the 2.1
branch (i.e. -stable), it will be something that will be in
2.2-RELEASE though (what is -current at the minute).

Gary