Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:36:00 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: possible simple install-info fix

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 02:08:55PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was looking into fixing the install-info problem, and wondered if the
> > > solution is really as easy as it seems:
> >
> >       Hmmm.... I had been thinking all along that the problem with
> > install-info was that the system couldn't use the new binary. Are you
> > saying here that installworld is trying to use the old version of
> > install-info that is installed in the system? Please say it isn't so...
> >
> Yes, it is using the old binary.

	Eeek.

> There were plans (Marcel?) to commit an installation tools support into
> src/Makefile.inc1, but it was postponed until 4.0-RELEASE is done.
> This is now happened, and I expect Marcel committing his staff soon.

	Ok, sounds like you guys have it under control. If the fix was this
"easy," I really wish that someone had pushed for its inclusion in
4.0-Release. This is going to be a big problem for people, and there are
enough hurdles into 4.0 already. :-/

Doug
--
"While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
 it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

     - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"