Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:07:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jasone@canonware.com (Jason Evans)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: threads performance

> On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, John Birrell wrote:
> > To fix the performance problem that people are seeing, I'll fix
> > the signal handling to use a single set of sigactions for the process
> > (as POSIX says) and dispatch signals immediately without using a
> > thread as the signal handler (this was a bad idea from the beginning,
> > but it was coded before the standard was released).
>
> Yay!  Thanks for working on this, John.

Please use ACAP as one of your test programs.

I think I can provide (or get Jeremy to provide) the patches to
ACAP to make it work on FreeBSD.

As far as I know, we have the only ACAP that runs under g++.

The main problem will be running it interactively and seeing if
^C works.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---