Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:57:18 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.order wrong (ipfw)

On Saturday 17 March 2007 03:58, Mark Andrews wrote:

> > > nothing goes to this machine because by default everything is blocked
> > > until
> > >
> > > you permit it
> >
> > You're absolutely correct, however your original post seems to have
> > taken many of us by surprise, causing some of us (at least me!) to
> > assume that you've changed the default method to allow.  I'm obviously
> > misunderstanding, so I apologise for that, but I hope you can see the
> > reasoning behind my comments with what I knew at the time.  :)
>
> 	ipfw needs to be before networking or router discovery
> 	fails for IPv6.
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dconf/108589

as default any network connection will fail so long as you do not permit it

If rtsol fails or is called to early it is an rtsol problem and not an ipfw=
=20
problem I guess

as another example, what if you set a ifconfig_nic0=3D"inet hostname" inste=
ad of=20
IP address and this hostname is not in /etc/hosts and ipfw is still not up=
=20
and named is far away to start, then, according to your idea we need to sta=
rt=20
named and ipfw before netif?

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o