Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 23:28:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@xtalwind.net>
To:        "Samuel E. Romero" <ser@hon.hn>
Subject:   Re: Additional pop accounts - how?

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Samuel E. Romero wrote:

> Hi!,
>
> How can I create additional pop-only accounts for a login account?.
> I've seen that advertised in some places and I'd like to know how to
> doit.
> Somebody knows? or where can I found the info?

A 'bug' in popper allows users with an invalid shell entry in
/etc/master.password to log in for mail.  We set up email only accounts by
setting the home directory and shell entry to /nonexistent  They can send
and receive mail but that's all they can do.

Jack
Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@onyx.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD