Date:      Sun, 15 May 2011 10:20:11 GMT
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/156884: dev/ath instablity

The following reply was made to PR kern/156884; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To: Dima Panov <fluffy@fluffy.khv.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org, fluffy@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:17:00 +0800

 Dima and I talked about this on IRC.

 Something's causing the net80211 stack to disassociate the STA via "reason 8":

 ieee80211.h:	IEEE80211_REASON_ASSOC_LEAVE		= 8,

 The queued packets on the power save queue makes me think the unit is
 scanning and doesn't come out of it in time.

 I've asked Dima to enable +scan (wlandebug +scan) so we can see what
 the scanning behaviour is next time this occurs.

 Adrian