Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:31:10 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        Lone Wolf <hubaghdadi@yahoo.ca>
Cc:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is my hard ware sufficient?

Hi,

Lone Wolf wrote:
> Thank you for explanation :)
> So, if GNOME/KDE can be installed on FreeBSD, what are the advantages of BSD-based desktop systems like DesktopBSD/PC-BSD over FreeBSD?
> just the graphical installer?

those projects make FreeBSD easier to install and administer.

I never tried one of them. Friends did but faced later smaller problems.
They all could be solved the FreeBSD way.

So, staying with FreeBSD gives the advantage of working with the real
thing and the disadvantage of handling more complex matters in real
strange ways. It is all so simple for people working with FreeBSD since
years but it looks strange for people coming from different professions ...

Erich