Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:29:08 +0100
From:      Erik Norgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        Halid Faith <maslak@ihlas.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why myserver be locked ?

Halid Faith wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a Dell1600SC server. The server has 4 CPU and 2 Gbyte Ram. I had been using it based Redhat9 till a month ago.
> The server was working without problem. After that,  I installed FreeBSD6 Release on it.
>
> The server started to run be locked. When it is locked, it becomes as freeze.I am not able to do anything on it.
> I don't believe in any hardware error. I have to push the reset button to reboot it. When I rebooted by the reset button, the machine has not given me any error message in dmesg and /var/log/messages.
> When the machine rebooted,  it works normaly with all of it's services.
>
> What should I do ?

Can you reproduce the problem? Have you made any observations up till
the system freezes up?

Check logfiles for error messages, you may set loglevel up so all
debugging is also logged.

If you don't find any error messages in the log files then try to
disable ALL services and see if it runs stable.

Enable one service at the time and let it run for a while to check that
the system is still stable. First enable services included in base like
syslog, ssh and named. Then go on to enable other services.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                                  web: www.locolomo.org
S/MIME Certificate: www.daemonsecurity.com/ca/8D03551FFCE04F06.crt